The Indian Premier League is undoubtedly one of the most popular sporting events in the Indian subcontinent. Its advent in 2008 gave avid cricket fans a new tournament to be obsessed with. Its popularity has only grown bigger and bigger in the last 14 years. The IPL boasts one of the highest viewerships in cricket tournaments all over the world. Cricket fans worldwide are hooked to the IPL to watch their favorite cricketers battle it out on the field. IPL also serves as a platform for young, budding cricketers to showcase their talent and advance in their cricketing careers. The love and support of fans have made the IPL like an annual festival of cricket that every Indian cricket fan eagerly waits for.
The Indian Premier League has 10 teams representing different states and cities of the country. The IPL is normally held in Indian cities, but due to covid, one of the seasons was played in the UAE, while the next was played in India following strict covid protocols. Each team consists of Indian and international cricketers. Fans are always eager to see which team takes the trophy and plays the best. In this article, we will discuss IPL best all-rounder players.
- Ravindra Jadeja: Ravindra Jadeja has been one of the most consistent performers since the beginning of the IPL. He has proven to be an important player for his team, Chennai Super Kings. He has an impressive record of picking 100+ wickets with a low economy rate, alongside scoring 2000+ runs. His consistently impressive performance makes him the IPL best all-rounder player.
- Andre Russell: This international player is an important part of the Kolkata Knight Riders and has shown the team he can be depended upon in times of need. His excellent strike rate along with an impressive number of wickets makes him a weapon for KKR. His record easily makes him one of the best all-rounders in the tournament.
- Dwayne Bravo: This Caribbean cricketer’s all-rounder skills have greatly contributed to the success of the Chennai Super Kings, making him a dependable player. He boasts a record of over 150 wickets and more than 1500 runs in his IPL history. He also took the most wickets in the 2013 IPL.
- Shane Watson: The Aussie cricketer has played a pivotal role in both Rajasthan Royals and Chennai Super Kings. He has scored 3874 runs and taken 92 wickets during his stint in the IPL. His excellent all-around performance was the reason why Rajasthan Royals were able to take out the title in 2008. He was crucial in winning the title for CSK in 2018.
- Kieron Pollard: Kieron Pollard is a stellar example of how much impact an all-rounder has in leading the team to success. He contributes hugely to the success of the Mumbai Indians and is a reason why the team has won the title 5 times. His experience and great performance make him reliable in difficult times, which has helped his team win on multiple occasions. He has scored over 3500 runs, taken 72 wickets, and has maintained a strike rate of 151.